IC-GM1600E GMDSS Survival Craft 2-Way VHF Radio
The IC-GM1600E Marine VHF radio has been designed for GMDSS compliant survival craft communications. The radio is engineered to survive and function in the extreme environmental conditions common in marine emergencies and brings the latest Search and Rescue technology to the marketplace.
Meets strict environmental requirements for GMDSS survival craft radio. The IC-GM1600E meets "Wheel mark", MED certification Since 1999, SOLAS (Safety Of Life At Sea) has set the international standards for life rafts and their emergency equipment. Icom's IC- GM1600E is the latest and most advanced handheld to meet these rigid standards including built-in GMDSS technology. The IC- GM1600E meets temperature, thermal shock, vibration and drop resistant (from 1 m height) requirements.
High Capacity BP-234 Lithium Battery Pack
The BP-234 provides up to 8 hours operation even at -20ºC!
Tough, Waterproof Construction
The IC-GM1600E is waterproof to IP-X7 specifications. It features a new, "Speed Water Removal" function that quickly sheds water from the speaker system, assuring you sharp, clear communications even in the worst conditions.
Large Keypad With Positive Button Action For Easy Operation While Wearing Gloves
All knobs are sized for quick operation and the large, well-labelled buttons feature a positive action "feel" with a programmable beep tone for sure operation.
Wide Viewing Angle LCD display
The IC-GM1600E's high-intensity LCD read out offers high-contrast, wide-angle readability with 4 levels of contrast and 3 levels of backlighting. There are new, bright, LED indicators for easy recognition in all types of weather/lighting conditions.
Easy To Operate, Even For An Unskilled Operator
Operation instructions are printed on the rear panel. All operation can be made with one hand.
Highly Visible Yellow Coloured Body
The IC-GM1600E's shock-resistant housing is constructed of a brightly coloured dye-injected polymer assuring this essential piece of emergency equipment will always be easy to find, in a survival bag, in a life raft, and in a pinch.
Optional VOX Headset
You can use the optional HS-94, HS-95 or HS-97* with OPC-1392 headset adapter cable. The IC-GM1600E has VOX (Voice Operated Transmit) capability for hands-free operation. Both, the VOX gain and VOX delay time are adjustable. Microphone gain setting allows you to set the appropriate microphone gain each for the VOX headset, speaker microphone and internal microphone, respectively.**
* Headsets, HS-94, HS-95 and HS-97 and OPC-1392 are not waterproof.
** These settings are programmable from cloning software.
IC-GM1600E Additional Features
• Optional waterproof speaker microphone, HM-125
• One touch access to Channel 16 and programmable call channel
• One year warranty on both radio and accessories.
IC-GM1600E Options and Accessories
- BC-145 AC adapter for BC-119N & BC-144
- BC-147A/E AC adapter (For BC-166. 120/240V)
- BC-173 Regular trickle charger for Icom IC-M35 Marine VHF radio.
- BP-234 High capacity lithium battery pack (non-rechargeable 9.0V/3300mAh)
- CP-17L Cigar lighter lead for battery chargers
- HM-167 lightweight IPX7 waterproof speaker microphone.
- HS-94 Headset (Ear-piece type)
- HS-95 Hands-free operation. Requires VS-1/1L/1SL VOX unit for use.
- HS-97 Earphone with Throat-mic
- HS-M73.002 D shaped earpiece with PTT (splash-proof)
- MB-103Y Belt clip for IC-GM1600 GMDSS Survival Craft 2-Way VHF Radio
- MB-86 Swivel Belt Clip
- MB-96F Leather belt clip
- MB-96N Swivel type leather belt hanger (Swivel joint of the MB-86 is required).
- OPC-1392 Headset adapter cable designed for VOX hands-free operation.
- OPC-478 Cloning Cable (PC to transceiver)
- OPC-515L DC lead for battery chargers
- OPC-656 DC Power Cable (for use with BC-121)
- OPC-922 Cloning Cable Adapter
Please Call us on 0333 303 4492 for Accessories Availability & Pricing