IC-M85E VHF/PBR Marine Radio
Designed with a particular emphasis on commercial use the IC-M85E is a high-class waterproof marine handheld radio that meets both marine and simple Private Business Radio (PBR) applications. Compact and with a robust modern construction, the IC-M85E contains critical commercial features including built-in voice scrambler ensuring private conversation and emergency features including Man down and lone worker function.
Compact and Lightweight
The IC-M85E is the most compact (W×H×D: 56 × 92 × 29 mm) and lightweight (weight: 246 g (with BP-290, FA-SC58V and MBB-3)) commercial grade marine and land mobile hybrid radio in the world (as of November 2017, researched by Icom).
Up to 100 PMR Channels (Appropriate Licence is Required)
In addition to marine VHF channels, the IC-M85E covers 136-174 MHz PMR channels. Up to 100 programmable channels are available for PMR use. Each channel is programmable with CTCSS and DTCS tone.
Selectable MOB Alarm, Man Down and Lone Worker Functions
The IC-M85E has three emergency related functions: Selectable MOB Alarm (when used with other IC-M85 radios), Man Down and Lone Worker functions. If one of these functions are activated, the radio automatically makes an emergency alarm.
Built-in Voice Scrambler
The radio has a built-in Voice Scrambler and provide private communication between stations (32-code, compatible with UT-112 voice scrambler unit).
Instant Operation with Multi-Function Button
Channel group changing (Marine PMR) or the scrambler function ON/OFF can be assigned to the multi-function button on the top panel*. The Key lock function can be activated by holding the button.
*Ask your dealer for details.
700 mW Powerful Audio
Despite its compact body, the IC-M85E delivers 700 mW of loud audio. Clear communications is vital in noisy environments.
• AquaQuake prevents audio degradation from a water-logged speaker
• Internal VOX capability for hands-free operation
• 14 hours of long battery life (TX: RX: Standby=5:5:90.)
• 5 W output power
• The self-check function checks internal temperature, and connected battery voltage
• Monitor function
• Priority scan function
• Dual/Tri-watch function for monitoring CH16 and/or call channel
• Favourite channel function for quick access to often used channels
IC-M85E Options and Accessories
- AD-118 Allows you to use third party accessories with 6-pin Hirose plug.
- AD-135 3.5 mm earphone jack adapter for use with any of SP-27, SP-29 or SP-40 earphone.
- BC-214 6 way charger. Charges up to six BP-279 battery packs in 2.5 hours (approx.)
- BC-219N Charges the BP-290 in 2.5 hours. Requires BC-06 AC adapter.
- BC-225 Shows the charging information with the LED lighting. Charges the BP-290 in 2.5 hours (approx.).
- BC-226 Connectable type charger (connects up to six BC-226 units).
- BC-227 The BC-227 is a single rapid charger for use with the IC-F52D.
- BP-290 Rechargeable Li-ion battery with intelligent reporting. IP67 protection.
- BP-291 LR6 (AA) × 5 battery case. IP54 protection.
- EH-15B Earphone with 2.5 mm g for use with HM-163MC.
- FA-SC58V Replacement Antenna (FA-SC58V) for Icom IC-M23 / M33 / M35 / M93D
- HM-163MC Tie-clip microphone with 2.5 mm earphone jack.
- HM-222 The HM-222 is a waterproof remote speaker microphone.
- HM-236 Waterproof Speaker-Microphone
- HS-94 Headset (Ear-piece type)
- HS-95 Hands-free operation. Requires VS-1/1L/1SL VOX unit for use.
- HS-97 Earphone with Throat-mic
- LC-187 Soft carrying case with D rings
- LC-188 hard carry case for use with the Icom IC-F52D series of radios.
- MB-136 Leather Belt Hanger. Swivel Type
- MB-96F Leather belt clip
- MB-96FL Fixed long leather belt hanger
- MB-96N Swivel type leather belt hanger (Swivel joint of the MB-86 is required).
- MBB-3 Alligator belt clip.
- OPC-515L DC lead for battery chargers
- OPC-656 DC Power Cable (for use with BC-121)
- SP-26 Tube earphone with 2.5 mm plug for use with HM-163MC.
- SP-27 The SP-27 features a clear acoustic tube earphone
- SP-28 Earhook type earphone with 2.5 mm plug for use with HM-163MC.
- SP-29 Earhook type earphone with 3.5 mm plug. For use with HM-222 or AD-135.
- SP-32 Tube earphone adapter for use with EH-15B.
- SP-40 Earphone with 3.5 mm plug. For use with HM-222 or AD-135.
- VS-5MC PTT switch cable with VOX function. VS-5MC is required when using HS-94, HS-95 or HS-97.
Please Call us on 0333 303 4492 for Accessories Availability & Pricing