IC-M506GE VHF/DSC marine radio with NMEA 2000 connectivity and AIS receiver.
The IC-M506GE is packed full of features including integrated AIS receiver and GPS receiver built-in, NMEA2000 connectivity, 'Last Call' voice recording function, 'Active Noise Cancelling' technology plus Icom's new intuitive menu-driven user interface and large dot matrix display making it really easy to use.
Integrated AIS Receiver
With an integrated AIS receiver, the IC-M506GE can show real-time AIS vessel traffic information on the display. The AIS target call function allows you to easily set up a DSC individual call. The Plotter, Target list and Danger list can be toggled on the display.
With the plug-and-play functionality of NMEA 2000, the IC-M506GE can receive and transmit GPS (position, course (COG) and speed (SOG)), AIS report and DSC call information data and transmit radio frequency and PGN list data on the network. Using this function, the IC-M506GE can convert NMEA 0183 GPS data to NMEA 2000 data for other equipment.
Last Call Voice Recording
The last call voice recording function automatically saves the last two minutes of the last incoming call. You can re¬play the received call, and not miss any incoming call.
Active Noise Cancelling
Using digital signal processing technology, the built-in bidirectional active noise cancelling provides superb performance. It reduces background noise to up to 90% in the received signal and 30% fixed in the transmitting signal. The function OFF setting is also possible.
Intuitive Menu-Driven User Interface
The intuitive software key functions provide easy and fast operation to control the multiple functions of the IC-M506GE. The bottom line of the dot-matrix display shows the software key functions which can be toggled with the left and right buttons.
25W Two-Way Hailer
When connected to an external hailer horn, you can talk to people on the deck or shore from the radio's microphone and can hear people's reply via the hailer speaker. The RX hailer function allows you to monitor the received audio from the hailer horn. 25W amplifier increases your talk power making your communication loud and clear.
Built-in Horn (Automatic & Manual)
Foghorn feature is built-in via the external Hailer horn. Four horn patterns are selectable for the automatic horn function.
ITU Class D DSC (Meets ITU-R M493-13)
The built-in DSC watch function monitors Ch. 70 (DSC channel) activity, even while you are receiving another channel. DSC functions include: distress, individual, group, all ships, urgency, safety, position request/report, polling request and DSC test calls. Up to 100 DSC address IDs can be programmed.
GPS Receiver Built-in
A built-in GPS receiver with external antenna provides your location, bearing and speed by using information from GPS and GLONASS. the acquired position information can be used for DSC calls.
Rear Microphone Version*
With this version, the microphone connector is drawn from the rear panel and a 6.1m (20ft) microphone extension cable i s supplied to allow you clean and neat panel installation.
* Ask your dealer for details.
IPX8 Advanced Waterproof
The IC-M506GE and supplied HM-205B/RB microphone can withstand 1m (3.2ft) depth of water for 60 minutes.
• Simple remote control speaker-microphone, HM-205B/RB
• 15W audio output power (with external speaker)
• AquaQuake™ draining function
• Optional voice scrambler, UT-112 for private conversation
• MA-500TR AIS transponder and MarineCommander™ compatible
This product comes complete with a simple plastic flush mount kit. Stainless steel flush mount kits are available as an option.
Optional COMMANDMIC™ for 2nd Station Capability
Full Control and Intercom
The optional COMMANDMIC, HM-195B/ SW provides 2nd station capability for using the IC-M506GE from up to 18.3m (60ft)* away such as a separate cabin or tower. Most functions including DSC and AIS functions can be controlled from the COMMANDMIC and can be used as an intercom with the IC-M506GE. One COMMANDMIC can be used.
* Two optional OPC-1541 extension cables required.
IPX7 Waterproof Construction
The HM-195B/SW withstands submersion in up to 1m depth of water for 30 minutes.
Same Menu-Driven User Interface with IC-M506GE
The HM-195B/SW provides same user interface with the IC-M506GE. The directional keypad and softkey buttons allow you to perform various operations and settings. The audio and backlight levels can be set independently from the IC-M506GE.
• External speaker connection
• Remote power ON/OFF function
• Black and super white color version
IC-M506GE complies with the latest maritime ITU standard "ITU-R M493-14" or EN301 025 V2.2.1 , this standard, in essence requires an external GPS antenna. ITU-R M493-14 will be compulsory from November 2018. All maritime class D fixed radios manufactured from this date will need to comply.
IC-M506GE Options and Accessories
- CB2000 Introducing the advanced CB2000 AIS transponder unit which transforms the ICOM IC-M506GE/EURO and IC-M605EURO to VHF/DSC radios complete with Class B AIS transponders. The CB2000 also provides a simple solution for those customers who already own an IC-M506GE/EURO or IC-M605EURO and wish to upgrade their radios with the purchase of this Class B AIS transponder.
- GPS.001 GPS Active Antenna
- HM-195B Command Mic IV The optional HM-195 COMMANDMIC allows you to use the IC-M423/G, IC-M506 & IC-M400BB from a separate cabin or tower and can be positioned up to 18.3m (60ft) away from the radio.
- MA-500TR Designed for Non- SOLAS vessels such as pleasure craft, workboats and small vessels, the MA-500TR is a compact, waterproof Class B AIS transponder that actively notifies other vessels of your exact position, thus increasing your safety at sea. The MA-500TR also has a dual channel receiver allowing boat owners to receive AIS information (both Class A and Class B AIS signals) on two channels simultaneously. This real-time information is then displayed on its large, backlit full dot-matrix display giving the boat owner real-time vessel traffic information thus aiding navigation and collision avoidance. The MA-500TR can work independently or connect with a PC or other marine network equipment. When connected to a compatible Icom VHF radio , an individual DSC call can be made easily from the MA-500TR.
- MB-75 Marine Flush Mount Kit
- OPC-1541 Extension cable for HM-162B/SW/E (6m/20ft)
- SP-37 External Hailer Horn Speaker with Bracket
- UT-112 The UT-112 Voice Scrambler allows private VHF communication when using the Icom IC-M506GE
Please Call us on 0333 303 4492 for Accessories Availability & Pricing